Friday, July 18

A BIG THUMBS UP ON THIS ONE!




McCann's Steel-cut Oats is one of my favorite breakfasts on the No S Diet. It is so satisfying and holds me until my next meal. I love to add raisins and prunes while it is cooking, and then I toss in walnuts or pecans before I serve it to myself. What a special treat! I make four servings so I can have some the following days also. It's even tasty when it's cold. Look for it at your local grocery store. What is YOUR favorite breakfast food?

What makes McCann's Steel-cut Oats so special? (Taken from their website)

Grains are essential to a healthy lifestyle and form the foundation of the food pyramid. Steel-Cut oats are inherently full of nutritional value and are high in B-Vitamins, calcium, protein and fiber while low in salt and unsaturated fat. One cup of Steel-Cut oatmeal contains more fiber than a bran muffin and twice as much fibre as Cream of Wheat. The quality of Irish Oats and the distinctive crunchy texture make McCann's Steel-Cuts a gourmet delight.

2 comments:

Sherri L said...

I LOVE OATMEAL!!!!!

I have to check out this brand.

A Happy No S Dieter said...

Sherri, I love the nutty texture of this oatmeal. In our part of the mid-west, it sells for $7.00/can. It's worth every penny though! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)